- Motor Oil
- Car Care
Quaker State Limited Warranty FAQ
LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY
WHAT IS THE QUAKER STATE® LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY?
A 10-year/300,000-mile engine lubrication limited warranty covering 15 critical vehicle engine parts that may fail due to engine wear, or which experience abnormal wear because Quaker State® motor oil failed to provide proper lubrication.
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR THE WARRANTY?
NO–it’s FREE with purchase of any Quaker State® motor oil.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE WARRANTY?
You can register online by completing the online registration form at http://quakerstatewarranty.com/signup/.
DO VEHICLES WITH NEWLY REPLACED OR REBUILT ENGINES QUALIFY FOR THE WARRANTY?
I USE SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL; AM I STILL REQUIRED TO CHANGE MY OIL AS OFTEN AS MY OWNER MANUAL STATES?
Yes—one of the main functions of motor oil is to remove contaminants and combustion by-products from the engine by holding them in suspension. Although synthetic motor oils are designed to provide better protection under extreme heat and heavy loads, any oil will reach a saturation point where it can no longer hold the contaminants and protect the engine from them.
DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY OIL EVERY 3,000 MILES?
Some warranties make you change your oil every 3,000 miles in order to maintain coverage. Our warranty is different. As long as you follow your vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines (it’s in your owner’s manual), you’re in compliance with the warranty. We don’t force you to change your oil more frequently than is absolutely necessary.
HOW MANY VEHICLES MAY I HAVE REGISTERED UNDER THE PROGRAM?
As many as you want as long as they qualify:
- Passenger car, van, SUV and pickup truck
- Gross vehicular weight of 10,000 pounds or less
- Driven 75,000 miles or less and whose manufactured date is within the last 72 months of your first use of Quaker State® motor oil
I AM MISSING A FEW OF MY OIL CHANGE RECEIPTS FROM MY RECORDS AND AM UNABLE TO OBTAIN COPIES. DOES THIS MEAN THAT MY WARRANTY IS VOID?
Yes—The retention and legibility of your service/purchase receipts is important. Should you have the need to submit a claim, we’ll need to clearly identify from your receipts:
- That a Quaker State® motor oil and a new oil filter were purchased
- Any manufacturer required services were performed (e.g., air filter replacement)
- The mileage at time of service and complete vehicle information
Please store your receipts in a safe place. Omission of any receipts may result in a claim being denied.
I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA; DO I NEED TO REGISTER ONLINE?
By state law, you are not required to register online. However, online registration allows you to: receive a rebate for enrolling; set up oil change reminders via e-mail or text; organize and maintain your oil change records; and access manufacturer oil change recommendations specific to your vehicle. California residents not registering online must comply with all other terms and conditions of the Quaker State® Lubrication limited Warranty.
CAN QUAKER STATE® PRODUCTS USED IN A DIESEL CAR BE COVERED IN THE WARRANTY?
If the credentials on a Quaker State® engine oil label align with the requirements in a Class 1 diesel vehicle owner’s manual, the oil may be used in that application and the Quaker State® warranty should apply.
CASH BACK PROGRAM
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
- The Cash Back Program is open to you if you are a Quaker State® motor oil customer eligible for and have registered to participate in the Quaker State® Lubrication limited Warranty program.
- You must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in the Quaker State® Lubrication limited Warranty program, plus the additional requirements in the terms and conditions for the Cash Back Program.
- To qualify for the Cash Back Program, you must use one or more of the following eligible Quaker State® motor oil products starting no later than when your vehicle reaches 100,000 miles:
- Quaker State® Enhanced Durability™
- Quaker State® Higher Mileage Engine™
- Quaker State® ultimate Durability™
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO REACH 300,000 MILES?
You have until your car is 20 years old to reach 300,000 miles. It goes like this— for the first 10 years or 300,000 miles after your firsy qualifying oil change (whichever comes first), you’re covered by the Quaker State® Lubrication limited Warranty. If you haven’t reached 300,000 miles within those first 10 years, you have until your car is 20 years old to cash in on the bonus. So when you reach 300,000 miles before your car is 20 years old using eligible Quaker State® motor oils, we’ll give you a check for the Kelley Blue Book® trade-in value of your car—up to $3,000! AND you keep your car. See terms and conditions for full details.
WHAT IF I USE QUAKER STATE® CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OIL?
If you are an existing Quaker State® motor oil customer registered for the Quaker State® Lubrication limited Warranty program before June 1, 2011, you have the opportunity to be eligible for the Cash Back Program regardless of which type of Quaker State® motor oil you use.
WHAT MUST I DO TO MAKE A CLAIM?
- Enroll online within the Warranty section at www.quakerstate.com.
- If you are ready to make a claim, you must follow all directions posted on the site to complete the claim forms online and follow any other posted directions to submit your claim.
- Claims must be made directly through the Quaker State® limited Lubrication Warranty website and not to or through the motor oil installer or distributor.
- Before a bonus will be paid, you must provide the documentation required in the Quaker State® limited Lubrication Warranty.
WHEN CAN I MAKE A CLAIM?
You are eligible to make a claim for a bonus when your eligible vehicle has reached 300,000 miles AND it is no older than 20 years, and you have otherwise complied with all terms and conditions of this Cash Back Program and the Quaker State® limited Lubrication Warranty program.
DO I HAVE TO BE UNDER WARRANTY TO MAKE A CASH BACK CLAIM?
A customer’s eligibility under the Cash Back Program may extend beyond the eligibility under the Quaker State® limited Lubrication Warranty program; however, if you are in good standing under the Quaker State® Lubrication limited Warranty program at the time your eligibility ends, you may continue your participation in the Cash Back Program under the terms and conditions of the program.
HOW DO I DETERMINE THE VALUE OF MY VEHICLE?
The amount of the bonus will equal the “Trade In–Good Condition” value of your vehicle on United States Kelley Blue Book® (www.kbb.com) at the time all required documentation for your claim is received, up to a maximum of $3,000.