Quaker State 400 Sweepstakes 2017
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older as of June 29, 2017 (or the legal age of majority in their state of legal residence). Employees of Pennzoil Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products ("Sponsor") and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, participating advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents including step-relations) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) are ineligible.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes starts at 4:00 p.m. (EST) on June 29, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (CT) on July 9, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, or misdirected Entries.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter during the Sweepstakes Period (“Entry”), using your smart-phone device, tablet or computer, access the URL http://www.quakerstate.com/en_us/promotions/special-offers/promotion-4.html in your web browser and follow the directions to enter. Each eligible individual who submits an Entry in the Sweepstakes (each an “Entrant”) must provide the following information: first name, last name, daytime telephone number and e-mail address, for purposes of administering the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Entry per person, during the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsor cannot guarantee this Sweepstakes will be available via all wireless carriers. Standard data plan rates may apply. Other charges may also apply; check your mobile plan for rates/details relating to participation in the Sweepstakes via mobile URL. Entrants, at their option and discretion, may elect to “opt-in” to receive future marketing and promotional communications from Sponsor via e-mail. Choosing to “opt-out” or “opt-in” will not affect Entrants’ chances of winning.
Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void.
Potential Grand Prize Winner is subject to determination of eligibility and verification before any Prize (as defined below) will be awarded. By entering, all Entrants and the confirmed winner agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its authorized representatives, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Sweepstakes. More than the stated number of allowable Entries is not permitted. If more than one entry is received from one person, only the first entry submitted will be considered valid, however, any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, cheating or fraud, through a sweepstakes club or similar entity, or any other unauthorized methods will void all Entrant’s Entries and Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Proof of Entry submission is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor. Only eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period will be eligible for this Sweepstakes drawing. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the Entry will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter. Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address; or the “authorized account holder” assigned to a mobile cellular number if Entry is via mobile URL. All Entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, delayed, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted, or garbled Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any failure to capture Entries, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
All Entrants and Entries are subject to verification prior to being declared a winner and receiving a Prize, as are the eligibility, age and other information provided by a potential Grand Prize winner. Potential Grand Prize winner agrees to cooperate, to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that awarding a Prize to any such individual will not bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Entities or their respective brands, goods or services, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: On or about July 10, 2017, at or about 3:00 p.m. CT, Sponsor (or its authorized representative) will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize Winner from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Prize winner will be contacted via telephone or email address (in Sponsor’s discretion) in order to notify him/her that he/she has been selected as a Potential Grand Prize winner and to verify eligibility. The potential Grand Prize winner will have five (5) business days to respond to this notification.
5. PRIZE (1), APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
Grand Prize (1): A maximum of one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded under this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) consists of one (1) Quaker State® branded Orion Cooler ($450/ARV), one (1) $200.00 Advance Auto Parts Gift Card (“Card”), one (1) Quaker State® branded cap ($25/ARV), and one (1) Quaker State® branded rally towel ($25/ARV).
The Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $700.00.
For security reasons, the Card should be treated like cash. Use of the Card constitutes user’s acceptance of all of its terms and conditions. Card cannot be exchanged for cash, except where required by law. Card not valid for payments on any charge account or tool rental deposits. This is not a credit/debit card and has no implied warranties. No value until purchased and activated. Protect this card and treat it as cash. Card is void if altered or defaced. Lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed cards will not be replaced and remaining value is void. To view the full terms and conditions, please go to http://www.svmcards.com/home/content/terms_and_conditions.cfm?ProdID=42.
The Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $700.00.
Limit: Only one (1) Grand Prize per Entrant and email address.
The Potential Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, and local taxes payable in respect of the Grand Prize. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a Grand Prize, in whole or in part, is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Grand Prize, or a portion thereof, with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Grand Prize cannot be exchanged in whole or in part or redeemed in whole or in part for cash.
Any depiction of the Grand Prize or any element thereof in promotional and advertising materials in connection with the Sweepstakes is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual Grand Prize awarded.
A. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
B. All costs, fees and other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the winner's sole responsibility.
C. Potential Grand Prize winner may waive the right to receive the Grand Prize; or must be able to accept the Grand Prize as awarded in its entirety or not at all. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if a potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached at the telephone number or e-mail address on his/her Entry within five (5) days after the second attempt by Sponsor to contact the potential Grand Prize winner, the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by random draw from all remaining eligible Entries until a Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner is declared. If the Grand Prize (in whole or in part) is ignored, returned as unclaimed, or undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize will be mailed to the Grand Prize winner at the address that he/she provided when replying to the notification set forth above. Allow 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, and after eligibility is confirmed, to receive the Grand Prize.
There will be only one (1) Grand Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
The Grand Prize does not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and any such additional expenses are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize may not be transferred or assigned. Only the listed Grand Prize will be awarded and no other prizing or substitutions will be made except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner agrees to accept the Grand Prize "AS IS", and Entrants hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a Grand Prize supplier that are sent along with the Grand Prize. Any valuation of the Grand Prize stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Grand Prize awarded to the Grand Prize winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
Grand Prize winner must provide Sponsor with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before the Grand Prize will be awarded. A Form 1099 will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner for the value of the Grand Prize.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void.
The potential Grand Prize winner will be subject to verification by Sponsor or its authorized representatives, whose decisions are final and binding. In order to be declared a winner, the potential Grand Prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. A potential Grand Prize winner is not the Grand Prize winner unless and until potential Grand Prize winner’s eligibility has been verified and potential Grand Prize winner has been notified that verification is complete and any necessary documentation has been properly submitted to Sponsor or its authorized representatives.
Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law), within a time period specified by Sponsor or its authorized representative before being declared the Grand Prize winner and receiving the Grand Prize. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize.
Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Grand Prize Winners’ persona, name, biographical information, opinions, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, review, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, human or other error in the printing of Sweepstakes communications and/or collateral advertising materials, administration of the Sweepstakes, processing of Entries or in the announcement of the Grand Prize winner or in any other materials or information associated with the Sweepstakes. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more than one Grand Prize is claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize by random drawing from all eligible claimants for the Prize. Only one (1) Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, cheating, technical failures, or any other causes, technological or otherwise, which corrupt, disrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any and all aspects of the Sweepstakes and/or Official Rules at any time and without notice, and Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to select the winner from eligible entries received prior to the date of such action, or as otherwise deemed equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual it suspects, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be cheating, or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner. If Sponsor suspects that any Entrant has or appears to have submitted mass Entries, or Entries generated by an automated program, bot, script, robotic, macro or use of any other devices that is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Caution: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
7. INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE OF LIABILITY: EACH WINNER AGREES, BY ACCEPTING THE GRAND PRIZE, AND EACH PARTICIPANT OR ENTRANT AGREES, BY ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, GRAND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR LEGAL ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COST OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE GRAND PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, VIOLATION OF THE RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. ENTRANTS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE. A WAIVER BY ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OF ANY TERM IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF ANY OTHER PROVISION.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT'S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE WWW.QUAKERSTATE.COM, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT FOR ANY STANDARD WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER OF THE GRAND PRIZE TO THE WINNER, SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR, ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR LAW, RELATING TO ANY GRAND PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
9. INTERNET/WIRELESS SERVICES:
Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
10. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES:
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in Houston, Texas; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 8 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
12. WINNERS LIST:
For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a separate self-addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope to: Quaker State 400 Sweepstakes Winner List #O1463 P.O. Box 809004, Houston, TX 77280. Requests must be received by August 31, 2017. Limit one request per person, per household.
Sponsor reserves the right to rescind, amend, extend or cancel thos Sweepstakes at any time and without notice. By participating in this Sweepstakes or accepting the Grand Prize, Entrants and the Grand Prize winner agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.
Pennzoil Quaker State Company d/b/a SOPUS Products, 910 Louisiana St., Houston, Texas 77002.
Orion Coolers and Advance Auto Parts are not sponsors of, or associated with this Sweepstakes in any way.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
© 2017 SOPUS Products. All rights reserved.